Monday, May 12, 2008

Drip Drop Roof Top

The rain today was pouring down like the EXPERIENCES of my life pouring down on my back. Luckily, I've been blessed with a life of circumstance, so needless to say my deltoids look similar to a tonka truck. When I think about life...

*now thinking.hmmmm. Hand is on the chin. Thumb is moving side to side. Right. Left. Right and left.

Our life, our souls, our experiences, our mood, our happiness revolves around the universe. Our lives change like the weather. People take shape in our lives, floating in and out. Some move fast with the vast winds, others are spread thin, vanishing in our blue skies. Some are consistant, showing their many faces in every season. Some skies are beautiful, some are grey. Wall clouds are sometimes formed just to help us find patience in the storms.

Our dreams are as distant as the stars. The glow can seem so dim and hopeless, yet its mystery can seem so aspiring. The speed of life can be defeating but the calm night skies can give us a moment to breathe. deep. They say after every tornado there is a clear and calm sky. Leaving hope that maybe those shooting stars arent so far.

*thinking again, so it might get dangerous.

I don't think "they" say that though. Therefore, I'm pretty sure I just made that up.

*fresh off the high

Back to this rain shit.

I just love the sounds that come with a package of rainy days. Drops hitting the window, water splashing against the cars, the sounds of a great movie. Makes me wanna crawl in bed next to something soft and hard with matching socks. Makes me wanna stand in the middle of the street and yell out profanity to the tops of my lungs. It makes me wanna say, "fuck you world, I spell my name with an I not a Y!" I just wanna lay in it. Waddle in it. Make lemonade with it. Every drip drop, is like a baby clown with a great joke to tell, tickling my kneck with his baby chin. Let the rain drops trickle down my face and ill pretend they were tears from my eyes. Or maybe I won't be pretending. Walk around in my muddy steel toe boots and splash in puddles, in hopes that it hits one of those fuckin stupid ass soccer moms with the big SUVs. I just want to sit in my room listen to tracy chapman and smoke something, while watching life pass me by. "I got a fast car, I wanna take you to anywhere". Sometimes I take a shower so long the water turns cold just so I can have a rainy day. Rainy days make time seem as if its in slow motion. I don't give a fuck on a rainy day. For others, days like those seems so sad and grey. But to me, its just another day to stop and think about all of the sunny days that will come after. Its like hot sweaty sex! Even Dr. Suess could see the greatness in a rainy day.



"Everytime it rains
I know its good to be alive.
Everytime it rains
I know I'm trying to survive"
-Charlotte Martin

I don't really know what any of this means, maybe you could tell me.

Ha.

4 comments:

SoulOnIce said...

I don't know what it means either, but I'm glad there's about a 70% chance of rain tomorrow, and if it does rain and pour, it'll remind me of this post. Brilliant.

Liall said...

our minds are so fuckin weird. but i love you for it

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i love the rain, a time for my best sleep, sex and writing. u write well. hope u dont mind the drive by. nice blog do check me out one day when u can rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, please comment and fell free to
Blog Roll Me

Anonymous said...

Uh without the rain, we're all screwed...lol Give me the water over the heat anyday...Nice blog, I'll return and please stop in and checkout my spot as well... www.media2live4.blogspot.com